|Revised climate map of Titan by Steve Luxton|
Althought the title says 'Geography of Allansia' I wanted to briefly talk about Steve Luxton's revised climate map of the Fighting Fantasy world of Titan, as shown above. Are there any more changes we need to make to this? Off hand, I can think of only three small alterations:
- The X that marks the sunken ruins of the city of Atlantis needs to be moved down to perhaps just above the Warm Temperate dotted line.
- Below this, the Bird Islands, Fish Island, Skull Island and the Blood Islands need to resemble their counterparts on the original Titan map.
- As Simon Osborne mentioned previously in the comments, where is Bone Island from Bloodbones? Does anybody have any idea?
|Rough map of Allansia by Steve Luxton|
Moving on to the classic Fighting Fantasy continent of Allansia, Steve has created and kindly shared this map based on the original from Titan. How can we improve it and what needs to be added to or changed?
A few of my suggestions:
- Do we need to include the northern portion of the continent, which is quite large and basically frozen wasteland?
- Do we include details for Bjorngrim's Sea based on Simon Osborne's revised map for Jonathan Green's unpublished Saga of the Stormchaser?
- I think the Flatlands label needs to be spread out over the grasslands that stretch to the Sea of Pearls coastline, to better indicate the extent of this vast steppes region.
- Agra, the top city on the left-hand coast of the Glimmering Sea, needs to be moved downwards in line with the map from The Riddling Reaver, which was published first and has precedence.
- We could probably add detail from Battleblade Warrior, as that is a relatively blank area of the above map.
- Likewise, we could add some of the settlements from Night Dragon to the Dragon Reaches region.