Friday, January 28, 2011

Catacombs of the Undercity!



Dare you enter the Undercity of Orlandes?
 

Just a short promo for now, as although I've got lots more posts to write-up, I've been currently transfixed by what's happening in Egypt, as well as having to take my daughter to a fun fair today...

Anyway, Tin Man Games, publisher of the digital Gamebook Adventures line of apps for the iPhone and iPad, have announced the impending release of my own adventure, Catacombs of the Undercity, which is number five in the series:

Captured by one of Orlandes City’s most infamous brotherhoods, the Red Hand Guild, you are thrown to the mercy of the subterranean world deep beneath the streets of the great capital. Wading through the sewers and other dark menacing places, your goal is to reach Undercity, the City beneath the City! Only there can you find the help you need to escape this underground horror and bring down the dark brotherhood from within. 

Catacombs of the Undercity is an old-school dungeon crawl with fantastic internal art by Pirkka Harvala and a great cover by Dan Maxwell. It will hopefully be available to download in March. I certainly had a blast writing it!

There's a video promo here.

And the original PR is here.

5 comments:

  1. That's great to hear Andrew. Congratulations!

    With programs, do you just write the paragraphs or do you also have input with the programming of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about the Tin Man adventures but unfortunately I don't own an Apple device and can't see that I ever will. Are Tin Man going to release PDF versions so that they can reach PC & Kindle customers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stu: I just wrote the whole thing out as a 400 paragraph text adventure using Word, while sorting the art out with Pirkka, who did an amazing job. Tin Man Games then code the whole thing up, although I think they had to expand it to 700 paras to account for all the extra stuff I'd chucked into the adventure.

    @Jim: They're virtually hand-crafted new gamebooks, as opposed to Fighting Fantasy's straight ports from the old books. I'm almost buying an iPad just so I can play my own work! Apparently, Kindle may be a future option (Android? I dunno), but I don't see why they can't expand their brand by selling PDFs and POD on Lulu or DTRPG. Maybe you should bug them about this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an excuse to buy an iPad - do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta save some cash first, but you're right - between this and the Fabled Lands app, the siren call for an iPad is becoming stronger all the while...

    cheers

    Andy

    ReplyDelete