Sunday, January 9, 2011

Future Projects

Just a quick post for now unfortunately. Three weeks of holidays end tonight, and I go back to work tomorrow, to a day filled with presentations I have to give and planning I have to do, so no late night blogging tonight. It's also going to be interesting over the coming few weeks to see how I combine these blog posts with the demands of work. If that isn't enough, I've also taken on writing a novel this month, as I was too busy last November for NaNoWriMo (2010), and I've got to resume studies in February some time. So, every day this January as well as blogging, I've been churning out 1400 words of "fantasy fiction", or something like that. Ah, the joys of self-inflicted pressure...

Anyway, the following is a list of ideas for some posts I'll be writing over the coming week. I'm forewarning you now, to serve as personal motivation later, when I feel obligated to sit down and type them out. So, some things you can look forward to reading about here include:

1. Heart of Ice versus Fabled Lands. In which I take Heart of Ice and provide a skeletal structure of sorts for converting it into a Fabled Lands-style project.

2. Heart of Ice versus Necromunda. The world of Heart of Ice converted to Games Workshop's cult miniatures game featuring gang warfare in an urban future dystopia.

3. Influences. In which I begin an occasional series of posts going back as far as I can or dare to see why I have become "Fantasy Game Book".

4. The Joy of Maps. As a lead-in to a possible series on maps in gamebooks, I want to first look at maps themselves, particularly evocative examples (fantasy or otherwise) that have left some lasting impact on me.

5. Fabled Lands Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom. I review this amazing book in similar fashion to what I just did with Heart of Ice.

Wish me luck in getting these posts together!

Reference

National Novel Writing Month. (2010). Accessed from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Novel_Writing_Month

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy!

    I'm looking forward to all of these projects.

    I am particularly interested in what your influences were and also I would like to read your post about maps in gamebooks. They are something a power gamer such as myself often overlooks.

    I have also just received the first 4 Fabled LAnds books and I am looking forward to your review of the War Torn Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a couple of things to do in the meantime - in fact I'm halfway through writing a post now, though it won't get finished until tomorrow - but these are all immediate future topics for sure. I really feel I should get a review of War-Torn Kingdom done ASAP given its reissue, but I just want to clear a bit of backlog of other stuff I want to introduce.

    Certainly no shortage of things to write about, just time with which to do it!

    cheers

    Andy

    ReplyDelete