Thursday, January 4, 2024

#Dungeon23 and #Everything24

Collected Thoughts on #Dungeon23

Still can believe I did it, but it is done! When I decided to be mad and do #Dungeon23, I thought, this should be interesting. I deliberately left things sort of open, with minimal planning, and just let that see where it took me, which was to some interesting places! I wrote 128970 words, or, around 353 words a day, which is not really a lot, but it has basically created a book, a sandbox megadungeon campaign adventure sourcebook for Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2E. And all this while also in the middle of a protracted move from one continent to another and working on the Heroes of Titan book with John Kapsalis at the same time. So not too shabby. Right now the next steps are to organize the collected material a lot better, start drawing a lot of maps, and then look at layout and art needs before editing, proofreading and publishing. And also start #Everything24!

The Rise of the New: #Everything24

Because it was a lot of fun and an excellent paced writing activity, and also because it could be run alongside other endeavors, such as character creation challenges, NaNoWriMo, articles for the Warlock Returns and Casket of Fays, and so on, I've decided to make my own new challenge for 2024. One thing I've learned about successfully completing challenges such as this, is to use the challenge to subtract items from the projects on your current To Do List, not to add to it! With this in mind, I have four big projects I really want to start hacking away at on the incipient horizon. All the research work has been completed, and it is just a matter of collecting the appropriate research notes, expanding upon the original data and using it to create coherent instantly useable content for an Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2E game.

So and thus, the rise of #Everything24!

What: A daily writing challenge to do an item/monster/plant/person a day?

Why: To really crank out content and word count for my next projected four Advanced Fighting Fantasy books.

How: I've already gone through every Fighting Fantasy gamebook to collect the existing canon data for each item to then be written about.

Where: Here, on this blog.

When: Every day! (Disclaimer: may post multiple-thing clusters ahead or behind of time if I know I have crazy things happening.)

Who: Me, Andrew Wright, author of Beyond the Pit, The Titan Herbal, Rough Guide to the Pit, Return to the Pit, volume one of the Encyclopedia Arcana, and Heroes of Titan. What can I say? I love Titan and Fighting Fantasy!

The Concept: The written pieces will all be used to aid the publication of the following four books and tagged as indicated:

  • Out of the Pit IV [OOTP IV] (There are always more monsters)
  • The Titan Herbal Addendum [TTHA] (The publication of new books and revision of old content has created enough new plants and fungi to write about)
  • Encyclopedia Arcana: Volume 2 [EA:V2](Covering books from Talisman of Death onwards)
  • People of Titan [POT] (my pet project that I have been working on and off for years)

No comments:

Post a Comment